For IT Pros Working Remotely From Their Systems or on a Mobile Device, SolarWinds’ DameWare Remote Support and Mobile Admin Offer IT Pros Powerful, Easy-to-Use Support and Troubleshooting Solutions
The survey revealed that 76 percent of respondents’ organizations have a disaster preparedness and response plan for their business or IT department. An aspect of most plans includes remote access for employees to ensure business continuity. In addition, 48 percent of respondents have implemented remote management software to ensure that IT problems can be solved regardless of location.
Products that allow remote access to IT departments and applications can be an integral component in a comprehensive backup plan by ensuring secure connections during disasters or emergencies.
- Disaster preparedness and response plans: Almost half (44 percent) of respondents update plans each year; 57 percent of respondents that reported not having a plan, will create one in the next 12 months
- Natural disaster business implications: 27 percent have not been able to go into the office because of a disaster and over 30 percent of those respondents missed a week or more of work
- Data center recovery: When asked how confident their organization was that they could recover their data center in a reasonable amount of time, 30 percent reported they are “not at all confident”
- Most common disasters: When asked about what disasters have kept them out of the office, 31 percent cited hurricanes while 28 percent cited floods
“In times of natural disasters and in maintaining year-round business continuity, remote IT management solutions can maximize flexibility and efficiency for IT organizations,” said Denny LeCompte, VP of product management, SolarWinds. “With DameWare Remote Support and SolarWinds Mobile Admin, IT pros have two, robust and easy-to-use solutions for taking on both remote desktop support and mobile IT administration.”
What’s new in DameWare Remote Support, formerly DameWare NT Utilities:
DameWare Remote Support lets IT pros support remotely troubleshoot and resolve IT issues. Using remote support software, IT pros can remotely administer Windows computers without having to interrupt end-users. DameWare Remote Support also includes the ability to remotely control computers so IT Pros and end-user can collaboratively troubleshoot problems.
The latest version of DameWare Remote Support adds the ability to remotely control Mac and Linux machines in addition to Windows. This release of DameWare Remote Support also adds support for Intel vPro allowing IT Pros to remotely troubleshoot problems when a server crashes or is powered off.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing and Availability for DameWare Remote Support starts at $349 and pricing for DameWare Mini Remote Control starts at $99 and both include the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 14-day evaluation trial, visit the DameWare website or call 855.270.1449.
Pricing for SolarWinds Mobile Admin software starts at $695 and includes the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 14-day evaluation trial, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
*The SolarWinds and Network World survey was conducted on July 2 through August 24, 2012 via an online survey service, resulting in 185 completed surveys. SolarWinds awarded five (5) survey participants a $50.00 Amazon® gift card with the approximate retail value of $50.00 USD in a random drawing of all entries received.
- Article: SolarWinds Talks about Remote IT Management (Part One & Part Two)
- Case study: SolarWinds Mobile Admin Aids in Disaster Response Efforts for Bahamas Company in the Wake of Hurricane Irene
- Video: DameWare Remote Connection to Mac® and Linux® with DameWare
- Video: Mobile IT Management with Mobile Admin from SolarWinds
SolarWinds ( NYSE : SWI ) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.